The Annual Meeting of the Electors for the Village of Canning will be held at the Canning MultiComplex at 977 J Jordan Road, Canning, on Thursday, June 14, 2018, at 7 PM.
1. Report of the Commissioners for 2017/18
2. Presentation of 2017/18 Audited Financial Statements
3. Presentation of 2018/19 Proposed General Budget
4. Presentation of Fire Chief’s Report for 2017
5. Fire Rate Review for Village of Canning for 2018/19
6. Discussion potential future of Village/Fire Dept. buildings
7. Election of One (1) Village Commissioner
No person shall be eligible for election to the office of commissioner for the Village unless that person has been nominated as a candidate in accordance with this by-law by not less than five persons who, on nomination day, were residents within the Village and were qualified electors within the meaning of the Municipal Elections Act. R.S., c. 300, s. 1.
All nominations for the office of Commissioner shall be in writing, in Form “A” in the schedule attached to this by-law, and shall be filed with the clerk at the Village office on nomination day and no other day, between the hours of nine o’clock in the forenoon and one o’clock in the afternoon.
Nomination Forms must be filed with the Village Clerk by 1 PM the day of the election. Please download the form or contact the office to obtain the documentation required.
This Meeting has been called to Order by the Chairman, Everett MacPherson.