The Annual Meeting of the Electors for the Village of Canning will be held at the Canning MultiComplex, 977 J Jordan Road on Thursday, June 15, 2023 at 7 PM.
- Report of the Commissioners for 2022/2023
- Presentation of 2022/2023 Audited Financial Statements
- Presentation of 2023/2024 Proposed General Budget
- Presentation of Fire Chief’s Report for 2022
- Fire Rate Review for Village of Canning for 2023/2024
- Election of Two (2) Village Commissioners
No person shall be eligible for election to the office of commissioner for the Village unless that person has been nominated as a candidate in accordance with this by-law by not less than five persons who, on nomination day, were residents within the Village and were qualified electors within the meaning of the Municipal Elections Act. R.S., c. 300, s. 1.
All nominations for the office of Commissioner shall be in writing, using Form “A” in the schedule, and shall be filed with the clerk at the Village office on nomination day and no other day, between the hours of nine o’clock in the forenoon and one o’clock in the afternoon.
Nomination Forms must be filed with the Village Clerk by 1 PM on the day of the election. Please contact the office to obtain the documentation required or more information.
This meeting has been called to order by the Village Commission Chair, Angela Cruickshank.