Take the time now to review your hurricane preparations and Hurricane Action Plan. Follow storms as they occur.
The basic checklist for hurricane preparation includes:
· Have enough food and water for 72 hours
· monitor local broadcast networks for updates
· secure gates, doors and windows
· move yard furniture and secure trash cans, hanging plants and anything that can be picked up by wind
· check radio batteries
· fill vehicles with gas and park them away from trees
· Make sure downspouts are clear of debris and direct water away from your home.
· To protect against flooding caused by torrential rain, install a sump pump, backwater valve or backflow valve
· remove dead or diseased branches from trees to make them more wind resistant
· keep pets inside
· move any type of watercraft to high ground
Take care, follow precautions, and have a safe hurricane season 2016. for more information about hurricanes, contact Dan Stovel Emergency Management Coordinator (EMC) at 902-542-9678 or email email@example.com.